Why 5 Commissioners instead of 3?
- The Josephine County Board of Commissioners needs to expand to 5 commissioners to insure adequate representation for our rural, urban, and unincorporated areas.
- Five commissioners would contribute to a more robust discussion of issues when a larger discussion group is present.
- It would allow commissioners to attend relevant meetings or take a “sick day” without depleting the commission.
- Two commissioners could conceivably have a non-meeting discussion if two were not a majority of the Board. These discussions can be to work on an issue and/or with constituents.
- Having votes requiring three rather than two commissioners will be made more difficult when making decisions for the future of the county.
Was this helpful?